Criteria for Membership
We are so excited you’re ready to be part of our Seattle Good Directory! Please note the basic criteria outlined below that your company should meet in order to be considered for membership*:
- Company should be privately held (not publicly traded).
- Company should be headquartered within the Pacific Northwest Region—Oregon, Washington, Idaho, or British Columbia.
- Company owner(s) should be local, meaning 50% or more of the ownership should also reside in the Pacific Northwest.
- Company must be socially and environmentally conscious and must be committed to doing things locally—buying, producing, and investing—as much as reasonably possible.
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), nonprofits, and other organizations who are mission-aligned with Seattle Good are encouraged to apply, even if the above criteria are loosely met.
*If you do not meet all the above criteria but feel that you share our vision and values and would like to become a member or if you have any questions before you apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What You Will Need:
- Company info—contact information, website, primary address, and social media handles or URLs.
- Business knowledge—general understanding of your company’s operations (ownership, purchasing practices, sustainability practices, memberships or certifications, etc.).
- Your company logo (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, or .png); image must be at least 1500 pixels wide on a white or transparent background.
- One to five high-quality photos that best represent your organization or business (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, or .png) that are at least 1500 pixels wide or tall.
- Membership is FREE; however, you will need credit card information to pay a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 to cover Seattle Good administrative costs.
- You will be redirected to Paypal, Inc. to process one of the following transactions (before being returned to our website to build your directory listing)—
- Member for Good: Non-refundable application fee of $35.00 for administrative costs.
- Champion for Good: $250 membership fee.
- Sustaining Partner: $1,500 membership fee.
This application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. If you have already submitted an application, you will not be allowed to continue on the next page.