Criteria for Membership
We are so excited you’re ready to be part of our Seattle Good Directory! Please note the basic criteria outlined below that your company or organization should meet in order to be considered for membership. If these criteria are not met but you feel that your company or organization shares our vision and values, we encourage you to apply (e.g., you may not be locally owned, but your practices make you eligible to be a Community Partner).
- Company should be privately held (not publicly traded).
- Company or organization should be headquartered within the 4-county Greater Seattle Area—King, Snohomish, Kitsap, and Pierce; or at least within the state of Washington.
- Company or organization owner(s) should be local, meaning 50% or more of the ownership should also reside in Washington State.
- Company must be socially and environmentally conscious and must be committed to doing things locally—buying, producing, and investing—as much as reasonably possible.
What You’ll Need:
- Company info—contact information, website, primary address, and social media handles or URLs.
- Business knowledge—general understanding of your company’s operations (ownership, purchasing practices, sustainability practices, memberships or certifications, etc.).
- Your company logo (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, or .png); image must be at least 1500 pixels wide on a white or transparent background.
- One to five high-quality photos that best represent your organization or business (.jpeg, .jpg, .gif, or .png) that are at least 1500 pixels wide or tall.
- Membership is FREE; however, you will need credit card information to pay a one-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 to cover Seattle Good administrative costs.
- You will be redirected to Paypal, Inc. to process one of the following transactions before being returned to our website to build your directory listing—
- Member for Good: FREE* One-time, non-refundable application fee of $35 for administrative costs applies.
- Champion for Good: $250 annual membership.
- Sustaining Partner: $1,500 annual membership.
- Click here to learn more about the benefits and perks of each membership level.
This application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. If you have already submitted an application, you will not be allowed to continue to the next page.
Proceed to Application